Monday, July 4, 2011

Trains


One of my favorite things about travelling to a different city every weekend is the train ride. I know this doesn’t seem like it is much fun, but if you like TV and organizing files on your computer as much as I do, it’s a good time. Best of all, I just recently figured out that I don’t need to spend 4.5 euros per trip for a seat reservation. I just get on whatever train I want (with my 15 day pass, it doesn’t matter where I go or what train I take) and sit in the floor by the door. If you sit on the correct side, you don’t have to get up when the train makes a stop. The floor is more comfortable and I have more room. So much win.

Also, the train I caught to go back to Heidelberg from Munich – I caught it 4 minutes before it left, 40 minutes after I decided to leave. That is so satisfying – to just jump on a train and travel somewhere, not needing directions or help deciding which train to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment